Insensitive but sensitive

I've mostly shared my thoughts about other things than health lately, so here's a painful reminder of one of my medical problems namely neuropathy....

The problems are in my lower legs, ankles and feet and include e.g. certain balance problems where certain medication also contributes to the wobble. Sometimes I stagger around so people may think I'm drunk. Embarrassing..

A few weeks ago, my ankle twisted when I was about to step down the steps, which resulted in an inelegant roll that I could barely get up from because I had both legs folded under me. A bit scary as I was alone at home, but after a few less acrobatic moves I got up anyway.

Afterwards I had pain all over my body except my ankles and feet. Sometimes it's an advantage that the nerves are dead and the sensation is gone. But it's not always gone....

During the nights, but also sometimes during the day, intense nerve pain occurs. It may seem strange that "dead" nerves emit pain, but unfortunately that's the case.
This often means sleep deprivation which affects the focus on work the next day.

Another annoying thing is that you have to wear compression stockings from morning to night all year round. Summer is the worst, I mean, you want to dress in nice summer dresses or skirts right, and knee socks are NOT very fun especially when you're no longer 8 years old.... and it's not very sexy as an adult. Knee socks really suck summertime....


Well, I've whined enough about my neuropathy. It is what it is and you just have to accept it. The main thing is that I can still stand on my feet and walk around, let be a little wobbly but anyways....

Wishing you a steady and continued nice summer...

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top