When life changes



Life can change quickly, and the future suddenly become very uncertain.
This could induce feelings of worry, fear and anxiety or maybe curiosity, excitement and anticipation depending on your current situation. 

I have already written about this in a previous post on the occasion of a forthcoming personal life change, but as you may know, emotions can change over time. My initial feelings of excitement and somewhat unrealistic joy that I felt then, have now transformed a bit..

When you have had a job you love for 18 years, with a business you have been a leading part of building up and developed, and then suddenly being told that the business is going to cease, the first shocking reaction is about what's going to happen with the business itself? I mean, it has been your "baby" who you've seen grow and prosper. But then comes the next reaction, what the hell am I supposed to do now?!

An old(-ish) grumpy(-ish) woman with a whole bunch of health problems is not very attractive as labor, and living in a rural area with a very limited labor market doesn’t make things better. The only job I can manage to do with my health situation is some kind of office job, and it's very hard to find something like that around here.

So if the work situation doesn't get solved, there are only two options, well, actually three:

  1. I'll have to sell my home and move to have a better chance to a job.
  2. I’ll have to find another way to an income, maybe become an entrepreneur and start a business.
  3. Apply for early retirement.
All of the solutions above, except maybe the third, are filled with a lot of tiresome work efforts which I don't know if I have the strength and stamina for.

But I also know that I'm stubborn and persistent about things I'm really passionate about, so the most helpful thing would be to find these grains of enthusiastic ideas and smart solutions that hide under all the problems my brain is constructing right now.


I'll just have to wait for the brain storm to calm down…

Everything will probably work out alright ... eventually...

XOXO  ðŸ’‹


ps) I'm sorry to rant on about this subject again, but it actually helps to see ones thoughts printed out on the screen, it becomes so much clearer than having them spinning around in ones head ...

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top