Somewhat Scary

This is actually a blog about health, or rather unhealth, but there has been a lot of other thoughts and opinions lately. I'll try to balance it out going forward.

Soon I will have my second gastroscopy. Tissue samples must be taken from the esophagus and trachea due to my difficulty swallowing.

The procedure itself doesn't bother me, but I can't help but have anxious thoughts connected to "the big C"... I'm a not an anxious type, I've been through a lot and I'm pretty tough but I think most people feel discomfort from the scary disease in question.

Well, it is what it is, there's worse things that could happen, Trump as president, Putin extending the war, the people of Gaza dying of not only military attacks but of starvation, climate disasters....The leading people in the world seem to be determined to destroy the planet and all of us with it, so what's my worry about cancer compared to all this...Pfffttt...


This makes me change the subject (sorry, I can't help it). I'd like to share my thought about the changes in the world order that have taken place in recent years.

Right-wing extremism and national conservatism have taken over in an alarming number of countries. Narrowness, xenophobia and constant attacks on political representatives of the prevailing democratic society or the "establishment" as it is called.

In Europe there are already established undemocratic countries, but in several countries the right-wing conservatives are fighting for power and In South America as well.

The United States has always been seen as the bastion of democracy, but that was before a certain confident and self-absorbed businessman appeared…

This type of conservatism is seemingly leading us back in time in many ways instead of progressing, especially when it comes to girls and women.

Restrictions on women's rights, trends on social media such as the one that at the moment influences girls to aspire to become housewives and be supported by men....i mean gosh, back to the fifties…is that really what we should strive for considering all those women and feminists have historically fought for equality between the sexes and for their rights and ours?

I have nothing against a certain amount of conservatism, but there's healthy conservatism and unhealthy conservatism. It's extremely important, if not crucial, to be able to distinguish between these. At least that's what I think...

Oops...as usual it became mostly opinions in this post ..sorry...

After all, it is Easter and peace and quiet should prevail. Wishing you a nice weekend regardless of how and if you celebrate Easter........I, for my part, will take it eggstra easy....🥚😉


Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top