Big & Small Problems

Hi there! Have been occupied with my health as usual but I'll try to write a post in between all the tests...Other than that, I currently have major vision problems and can't handle more than a working day at the screens so my private time online is currently zero. But I'm getting new work glasses soon, so hopefully that will fix it.



It's a scary time we live in, unjustified wars and climate threats among other things. The threat level has increased in several countries and they're upgrading their military capacity and civil defense. It generally feels unpleasant and worrying.
Then it's nice to have slightly closer and minor problems to focus on, like in my case health. Although "problem" is a bit of a wrong choice of words when my health has actually improved, at least in some areas.



Another thing which, with a bit of bad luck, could become a problem is that my small unit at work will be moved under another department and thus we will have a new manager, and the question is how she reacts to my permanent remote work...

A large contributing part of my current improved health and general condition is due to the privilege of being able to work from home, and it would be difficult, if not impossible, to manage commuting to the place of work, which is so far away, regardless of whether it was a weekly commute as before.
Living alone during the weeks doesn't feel safe in case something were to happen.

My current boss has been the best and very understanding, and I hope he can explain my tricky situation at handover to the new boss.
But given my employer's, the The National Archives of Sweden's, old fashioned approach to telecommuting so far, I'm a little concerned...but come on, we do live in the age of IT for heaven's sake

Well, this became a rather short post, but at least I didn't think of Putin or Gaza meanwhile...or Trump...That man will cause more drama to the world if he comes to power, but that's a whole other post coming on soon...

Until then, take care of yourself and try to look ahead with optimism even if it feels darn right impossible right now..
XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top