Summer vacation

I have just started my summer holiday. Five wonderful weeks of rest and recovery before an autumn which, as usual, will be very busy at work and then a long cold and dark winter....

I often start the holiday with a week at home to unwind and prepare for any travel plans. This year we have planned a road trip to Norway with my motorhome to visit family and friends. It's been almost 17 years since the last time, so it's about time one could say.

It's a shame and a bit strange that it has taken so long because I love the Norwegian landscape, high mountains, deep fjords and waterfalls, rapids and forests. Long tunnels through the mountains and narrow winding roads with a rock wall on one side and steep cliffs on the other. 


I have a bit of a guilty conscience that we haven't visited family and friends there for so long, but I have to blame my worsening health in recent years. After years of commutes to my place of work, approximately an hours drive one way, I haven't been in shape for any longer trips. The energy loss has been constantly decreasing and when it has been time for vacation, the energy depots have been empty and it has only been a short trip and the rest of the vacation at home, but since I started working remotely from home, I have a little more energy and endurance.

So now I'm thinking about what to pack and which food to prepare to  take with me on this trip (there will be some barbecue nights). 
I also have a new exciting thing to do, to slowly introduce Princess Lisbet (aka Lissi the Cat) to life in a motor home. Apart from the fact that it will be a completely new and shrunk environment from the two-story house she is used to housing and ruling in, the princess doesn't like loud noises and our old retro camper doesn't have the quietest engine..lol…🙀....poor kitty...

But she is quite adaptable as long as mum is with her, so it will probably go well as long as we take it easy and in short stages.

Well, those are some of the plans for the holidays, although I'm well aware that plans can change quickly. What strikes me now is why I think anyone is interested in this...lol..
But never mind, it became a blog post anyway.....sort of...

Have a wonderful summer!

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top