Road trip -23

I'm back home again after my road trip to Norway. Really enjoyed the breathtaking Norwegian nature during the trip since it had been so long since I traveled there.
At the same time, it's nice to come home. "Away is good but home is best" as a Swedish saying goes.


Have spent the week on an island in the archipelago with my hubby's relatives and friends, the mobile home was parked in the middle of the relatives land  so it was close to everyone. I probably wouldn't have taken so many foodstuff with me if I've known we'd be invited to lunch, dinner and dessert at everyone's house...but now I know that for the next trip there...and I'm stuffed for another week now...lol...

My illnesses have generally behaved well. I've had some problems with my legs and back, a little worse than usual in fact, so I haven't been able to walk as much as I'd like, which was a shame. I love taking walks by the sea.

But I have to blame the fact that I slept in a mobile home, which is not the best adapted environment in terms of bed comfort.

My hubby's aunt btw, is 92 years old, small and fragile and has her ailments but is one hell of a tough cookie. She hikes up the mountain to pick berries, takes care of the house and garden herself. She's a bit upset at the moment because she can't hike due to pain in a leg, but while I was there she both cut and trimmed the grass and cleared weeds. Before our departure, she baked a wonderfully delicious strawberry cake and invited the whole gang to a farewell party...She is the best auntie in the world!

Incidentally, I am very impressed by Lissi, the cat, who has now been on her very first trip with the motor home and managed it brilliantly. I actually think she thought it was really cozy and a nice break from the indoor cat life at home on the "Ranch". But even the now travel experienced Princess Lisbet seemed relieved to come home. 

So it was a very nice holiday tour 2023, and I will surely do the same trip again but without waiting a whole lot of years as now (even though I'm sure auntie with live to at least a 100 💞)


You can see a selection of vacation photos at the end of the swedish version of this post on my swedish blog:

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top