Multi-disease magnet

Sometimes I wonder why certain people, who are already dealing with a chronic illness, are struck again and again with new diagnoses? Are they more susceptible to closely related diseases or is it simply bad luck?

I understand that having an autoimmune disease, and therefore be under immunosuppressive medication you may be more susceptible to new diagnoses, but there must be a limit to how many diagnoses you can take on.

In recent years I have suffered from diabetes, spinal stenosis, hypothyroidism, rheumatoid arthritis, neuropathy and osteoarthritis. I have had cataract surgery on both eyes and am currently awaiting knee surgery.

One reason why I haven't posted here in a while is a prolonged flu with sporadic attacks of fever with severe chills. I have also experienced new strange symptoms recently which could possibly be linked to the medical condition just mentioned. Sudden attacks of dizziness, difficulty swallowing even fluid and enormously swollen feet and lower legs, which is similar to the state they were in during my rose fever about a year ago.

All this has taken a toll on both body and head, yet I have tried to work when I have been reasonably alert, this has been possible since I'm working from home while waiting for my knee surgery, but the fatigue in the evenings has prevented any other activity.

Now I have almost returned to my "normal" state of health but have requested to see a doctor as soon as possible because of the new worrying symptoms among other things.

Okay, now I've complained enough, but now you know why it sometimes takes a long time between posts. It could just be a little weird symptom that has jumped on me...

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top