Merry Christmas and more

 It's Christmas and I hope you enjoy the peace, good food and Christmas atmosphere with or without company. I can't help but think of those who aren't as fortunate, who may be freezing, hungry and don't know what the future holds.

I'm not only thinking of people in crisis situations or on the run, but also of those in the country you live in who lack housing, family or are in dire circumstances and can barely make it through the day.

It's not my intention to spread a bad conscience in the midst of Christmas joy, but it can be useful to reflect a little right now when we find ourselves in the warmth with an abundance of Christmas food and Christmas presents, to come to an understanding of how fortunate most of us are despite the prevailing circumstances.

I myself celebrate Christmas to a fairly reasonable extent this year. I've reduced the Christmas lighting and food because of the high prices on electricity and food, but still have a good Christmas atmosphere here at the "ranch". The Christmas break is so welcome, two weeks of recovery from months of pain and difficulty sleeping is needed. Not that the problems will subside in the slightest, but I can take pain meds without worrying about whether the brain office is going to have a company party or shut down completely during work hours.


I'm currently waiting for an appointment with the orthopedist to confirm the knee operation, then there will probably be further waiting time as the situation for the healthcare looks like right now with both Covid and flu increasing . Hopefully it will be a new knee at least before the midsummer dance..lol..

Well, now I've spoiled the mood enough for you...I wish you a continued nice Christmas holiday and will probably come back with a little New Year's greeting if you're really unlucky....😉

(This is a translation from my Swedish blog)


Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top