Complaint about complaints

 

 "People who can always find a reason being grateful will always be stronger than those who can only find one reason to complain..."

-Unknown-


Very true words of wisdom, especially in these times when people really go in to complaining about everything and nothing. Of course there is a lot that's wrong in society, and of course you have to be critical, but sometimes it seems as if some people go all in to find something, anything, to be angry about. It's like they are not feeling well if they are not allowed to whine and complain. What a sad life....


It is in these cases that I will always think of this quote. Why indulge in trifles instead of trying to find the positive things in your life? We live in a free and democratic society, at least here in Sweden. Much can be improved of course, healthcare, school, integration, security, etc., but on the whole we are doing quite well compared to some other countries.

So I am grateful that I live in a democracy, have a decent life and have a steady job that I enjoy. I am grateful that I can get the help I need from healthcare with my chronic illnesses as well as medications at an affordable cost. That's one of many reasons why we all pay taxes, the advantages of our common welfare.


If I look at myself and my life situation, I could hold a full-time job solely to chare my complaints related to my health and everything around it. But why would I want to waste energy on something that cannot be changed? Instead, I try to find small positive things that give me energy and keeps my mood up. I use my "whining valve" instead, which I sometimes open to let the frustration that has accumulated evaporate. The blog is my valve, here I can write off what irritates or makes me sad and depressed. Doesn't matter if someone reads or not, the main thing is that I get rid of everything that drains me of energy.

Positive energy is important, I have written about it several times before, because I think it's so important, especially if you have problems with stress, which is something that's constantly present in my life, not only in terms of health but also work, weekly commuting, taking care of the house and the household and so on...


But if you are a member of the complaining department, I'm aware that at the moment there are a lot of subjects to choose from. Pandemic, climate changes, the war in Ukraine, violent gang crimes, healthcare crisis, rising food, electricity and fuel prices...you name it. Of course, I also have opinions about all this, but these are things I can't immediately influence (except on election day perhaps). I try to avoid complaining and whining about this, but I like to have a sensible discussion about these problems and how we, in solidarity and by coming together, could change things instead of seeking contradictions and positioning ourselves against each other when we really want to achieve the same result.

What I wanted to say with all this is, that despite the state of society and despite my own problems, I feel gratitude over the small rays of light that makes me find the strength to help me cope with life one day at a time. Of course you can get depressed sometimes, I do too, but then it doesn't help much to complain and whine, on the contrary, that's when you have to make an extra effort to see the flashes of light in life and climb out of the pothole you fell into.

Feel free to complain about things, but also be grateful for all the good things in life....it gives strength and energy.....and that can be good to have in the middle of the self-experienced misery....

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top