Note to self

Sometimes I get, if not depressed, a bit low because of all the things I can't do or when I have to struggle with something simple. I feel useless and like a complete waste of space.

I think of all the unnecessary time I spend doing the simplest thing and the time I waste to prepare for
easy activities, like cooking, baking, re-painting a furniture or doing some work in the garden. Even a short trip to the supermarket demands preparations.

This is all due to my different health problems which I obviously don't have any control over. It's clearly not my fault and I shouldn't have to feel like a failure because of that, but sometimes I do anyway.

Since I know from experience that it is dangerous to sit on the edge of the bottomless pit of depression and dangle my legs, I try on these occasions to pep myself up in different ways. Buying something I've longed for, or treat myself with something else I am usually too stingy for... lol ...

What I really want to conclude is that in a situation where one's illness prevents one from living normally and which causes frustration and sadness, it's extremely important to remember to be really kind to oneself in every situation.

"I'm doing the best I can considering my health conditions and I'm proud of how I deal with them"

Of course, you have the right to be sad and angry from time to time, but the trick is to snap out of it really fast and not get stuck in self pity.

Well, I've been feeling a bit low lately, so I've decided to treat myself with a hair cut and maybe a pair of new ear rings....

Because I'm worth it!    

           XOXO


Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top