Changes

Okay...I have updated the layout on the blog a little, just to get committed again. Because of this, the theme for todays post is changes of different kinds, at different levels and circumstances.


If I focus on the bigger picture, I feel like the world is changing, and not to the better. One wold think that the evolution of mankind would continue in some way, that we would strive to progress and create a better community regardless of which country we live in, and also understand the the dangers of the climate change, because if we destroy our planet there's no future.

Many countries that one thought had progressed and dedicated itself to democracy and equality, seem to be going backwards to old governances with autocratic tendencies. Nationalism is on the rise and immigrants and refugees are considered a hazard. Xenophobia and rasism thrive in the filthy soil of populist politicians and those in power.

Women's rights and human rights in general, such as people have fought for for decades and centuries, are slowly but surely being dismantled piece by piece in the face of the recaptured position of patriarchy and autocrats in society.

Big parts of the world are going backwards rapidly...

If I zoom in a little to the immediate area, the war in Ukraine has made people in surrounding countries feel both insecurity and fear. For my part, I consider war to be not only barbaric but also obsolete. In the course of history, with all its experiences, man should have developed a better way of resolving conflicts, one might think.


From a narrower point of view, the changes are a little less groundbreaking. If I ignore the pandemic and the anxiety I felt because I belong to a risk group, life has changed a bit as it always does as time goes by. My symptoms have become a little more noticeable as several are of a type where deterioration is inevitable, and new side effects have emerged.

After undergoing a period with a new injection for difficult-to-treat diabetes, where the dose was increased month by month, I am now on the highest dose. I have not felt any side effects during the first months (and there are many side effects to this drug), but now I unfortunately think I have been affected by a couple of them. Have had palpitations, nausea, dizziness and visual disturbances in recent weeks and will take a break from the injections to confirm my theory before contacting the doctor.

Well, I'm proud to say that I've completed a post with at least some substance at last...lol...
I will try to post a bit more frequent from now on, I'm so glad that some people seem to be reading my blabbering and I certainly not wanna lose anyone!

Until next time...Take care of yourself and your fellow human beings!

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top