Under your scars

If you scrape away your illnesses and look under your scars, there is an ordinary person underneath. A person with the same desires and goals as everyone else, but who is challenged by obstacles of different heights to get over to achieve all that.

It is both physically and mentally stressful and leaves scars on the soul every time you fail an obstacle. It hurts when you fail and the anger and frustration you feel over your fate is eating on your fighting spirit every time.

I keep nagging about positive thinking and many people probably get bored, or angry that I do not understand how depressing their situation is. But I only convey my own experiences

I think that regardless of diagnosis or functional variation, things do not get worse from a positive attitude, it either gets better or there is no change so what do you have to lose?

For my part, I can actually say that I managed thanks to my current attitude. A short period in the middle of the long journey of ever-increasing problems and additional diagnoses, I did not want to be with anymore. Everything became overwhelmingly difficult, I saw no end to the misery and buried myself in self-pity. Until one day….

Can't really pinpoint exactly what it was that made me pull myself up, but it was as if a light came on and I saw opportunities instead of impossibilities. I started by just trying to think positive thoughts, I deliberately hid the negative away deep down in my mind, and could suddenly see or come up with ways to get around what hindered me instead of giving up immediately. 


 Since then, I have received additional diagnoses that hinder me, but thanks to my positive mind set, my perseverance and my good mood, I usually cope with the challenges that come with them. In fact, it is often fun and inspiring to try to deal with problems related to various activities that are difficult to perform. To be able to use the creative and problem-solving side of the pea brain… lol…

If I have to try to get on a down-side, it is the time required that is always extended when you have physical obstacles.

But in the long run, it pays off and helps one to cope and to actually have a reasonably meaningful life despite bad odds.

That's why I, with a fool's stubbornness, will keep on nagging about positive thinking.
"Behind every difficulty there is an opportunity"

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top