Space reclaim


I spent a big part of my Christmas vacation cleaning and sorting my basement storage. A lot went to the waste management but most went to a recycling organization and their second hand shop here in the city.

There were a lot of very nice things among my stored goods, including unused clothes, and they became very happy and grateful for everything. The next time I shop with them, I get a 20% discount, but I'm just happy for the knowledge that it's a reputable organization and I know that both clothes and other things that can be used for the needy as well as the money that the store gives reaches them.


I am also pleased (and a bit proud) to be investing in recycling for the sake of the environment. It would have been so much easier and time saving to throw it all away instead of sorting and packing everything in boxes for transport to the second-hand warehouse.

There is also something else behind my sorting and cleansing. I've had thoughts of settling elsewhere in Sweden in a few years, and then I want as little household goods to transport as possible.

I dream of a small house in the country, but still close to some larger place, where I can have some chickens and maybe some other animals. I also want a studio where I can get an outlet for my creativity whether it is crafts, painting or writing.



Well, we will see if the dream becomes a reality, because it will of course depend on my health status at that time.

But so far I still live on my old "ranch", work full time and struggle with my old ailments. The difference now is that I have less unused and unnecessary things and much more space...

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top