Venting about complaints



"People who can always find a reason
to be grateful will always be stronger
than ones who can only find a reason
to complain..."
 




Word of wisdom and very true. Something to really think about especially nowadays when it feels like almost everyone is complaining over mostly unimportant things.

Some people is doing their darndest to find something to complain about, it's like they can't be happy without being upset or depressed. I don't get it...

It's in these cases that I will always think of this quote. Why indulge to negative trivialities instead of trying to find the positive things in life?

There are of course many things in today's society to be discontent about, most of them too big to solve by yourself, but to get engaged in those issues in some way, politically, as an activist or simply write articles or blogging about it, could make you feel like you are doing something useful about it instead of just sitting on your bum complaining.

I'm active on social media and also blogging about stuff I get annoyed at or frustrated about. It becomes like a valve for everything negative, and I rather prefer an opinion valve than an opinion bubble. There's many of those out there and I see the consequenses of them and the opinion filters people have. I think there's nothing more dangerous for our democravy than an opinion filter that only lets one side of the problem through.

Besides venting my frustrations about various problems in the society, I try to be grateful for the things I can enjoy, like living in a free, democratic country with a well-developed welfare system. I have a roof over my head, food at my table and a job that I enjoy. My health is really crappy, but the health care system is good and the costs for care and medicine are subsidized.

Although I am all for pointing out general problems and injustices in society, I very rarely engage in complaining and whining about small things. It takes too much unnecessary energy which I rather need to cope with everyday life.

Trying to stay humble and grateful, and choosing the right things to complain about, that's how you keep strong... trust me...

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top