Birthday girl

...or rather birthday auntie...lol. I have mixed feelings about birthdays, it's nice to add another year to my life (even if it's filled with pain and exhaustion), but on the other hand, who wants to get closer to old age or, in the worst case, death? Ah well, as long as there's cake and presents I'm in....lol...

This year's birthday became a bit special and one to remember. I decided to take a roadtrip with my camper to Lapland, the northern part of Sweden with a magnificent nature. 

Went the day before and on my birthday we took a trip on the so called "Wilderness Road", a road with great sceneries, with mountains, rivers, rapids and large lakes. Hoped to see moose, reindeer and maybe also a bear, wolverine or lynx with a little luck, but the result was only a stork family, a swan family and a cute little squirrel. Am nevertheless happy to have get to enjoy many beautiful sceneries.


The "Stair-Step-Rapids" along the "Wilderness Road"


Spent one of the nights at one of the nicest campsites I have seen, "Kolgårdens Camping" just outside Vilhelmina, a nice little town next to a big beautiful lake. The campsite has a lunch restaurant, jetty with sauna, boat rental and pub nights with entertainment, and the view is infinitely beautiful. I would gladly return here several times.


The morning fog is rolling away, and the hidden mountains starts to appear


 
The only backside of the trip is that some of my chronic companions doesn't appreciate all the trekking, and climbing up and down into the camper, while others are discontent with the bed model. The noticeable dissatisfaction shows up with some delay, it honestly hurts everywhere right now and all my energy is consumed, but I can stand it thanks to the great experience.

So what about the birthday cake then? Well, I started to enjoy it beside some rapids while watching some dutch dudes fishing on the other side. Sadly it started to rain, so I had to continue the cake eating inside the camper, but it was delish either way.


And what about my birthday pressie? Well, it's not delivered yet, but I already know what it is...it's a new familymember, a sweet little kitten, a furry princess named Lisbeth, Lissie for short. She will be here in a couple of days and I can't wait....

XOXO 


Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top