Summer vacation, part one

My first week of vacation is successfully done, and by that I mean my motorhome trip. The destination for the trip was our Norwegian relatives' summer house in the central part of Sweden. An overnight stay was required and this is exactly what I was worried about, that is, sleeping in such an environment for the first time since I became ill, but it went surprisingly well.

We spent four lovely days parked on the host couple's private plot. Sunshine, very nice company who by the way cooked and offered the most excellent food every day, what more could you ask for? Well, a little cooler temperature maybe, it has been about 28 degrees Celsius the entire time ....

The trip home also went well, spending the night by a beautiful lake. When I got home, I was so tired, not because of the trip but from the heat, that I fell asleep in the TV armchair after unpacking the essentials.


Today it's raining and I'm so happy and relieved that I did some dance steps (very careful of course..lol), when I heard the rain on my tin roof. It has been scorching hot for weeks now and I'm not tackling it so well. I'm feeling nauseous and get headaches, so I'm thrilled over some rain that lower the temperature and freshen up the air a bit.

I've still a couple of vacation weeks left and I'm planning yet another trip. It's going to be a shorter one,
out to the coast. Relatively close by where I live we have a wellknown coastal strip called the "High coast", popular to both swedish and foreign tourists, and along this I will explore what opportunities there are to camp with a motorhome. It will be good to know for future weekend trips.

Well, this is my summer so far, if something interesting happens I will write about it, and if not I will try to accomplish a post with a more content-rich and fact-filled post about what this blog is really meant to be about, namely chronic illness and spoonie life in general.

Wish you a continued wonderful summer....

XOXO 

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top