Related experience


If one is to try to find a grain of positivism from last year's experiences, I will actually think of something that I can see as something potentially good.

Everyone has had to isolate themselves, work from home, only meet the immediate family, have no general social life, etc.

I.e. all must live as we with chronic diseases in principle always do ....

Nah, I'm not gloating, but I'm actually slightly hopeful that people might begin to understand what life and everyday looks for the chronically ill. Well, if they make that connection of course, which is not so certain since they probably are busy feeling sorry for themselves.

Oops, sorry...I'm afraid I was unnecessarily cruel now. I think that I speak for all of us in any risk group when I express my gratitude to all who follow the restrictions, are careful and isolate themselves as much as possible to reduce the spread of infection. A spoonie if anyone knows how difficult that kind of life is...

I would just like to get a little understanding for us who are not only fighting against diseases but also against preconceived notions of presumed laziness or some innate type of self-pitying mentality. Sure, I know there are some people who prefer laziness and won't hesitate to fake an illness, but a normal person doesn't choose a life of constant illness, pain, fatigue and frustration, or living in isolation for that matter, and the latter two have now even healthy people had to experience for a long time. Isolation and frustration.


Having said that, I hope you understand that I absolutely don't think that the pandemic itself is something positive, it's one of the most frightening things I have experienced and too much suffering and death has come out of it. As for us with some type of health issues that places us in a risk group, the fear of being infected is a constant stress factor that takes an enormous amount of energy. Energy that's instead needed to fight ones disease.

We must now put our hope to the vaccine, and that as many as possible now choose to take it, and not be susceptible to intimidation propaganda by anti-vaccine groups, so that we can see an end to this.

Let's have hope and confidence...

...and a positive continuance to the year..

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top