A hard working holiday-maker

So here's a short recap of my vacation this unfortunate year of 2020. I feel as one of the fortunate though, since I still have a job, so many people have been forced into unemployment due to the pandemic.

Before my five week vacation, I pictured myself resting in a deck chair or a hammock with a cold drink, alcohol free of course, and maybe doing some light gardening in between the refreshments....Well, duh...Now I'm on my last week and guess what, so far it has been more hard work than leisure.


In my first week I sold my summer cottage so I had to pack and clean out the property fast. I just want to mention that this was done during a heat wave with a constant temperature of 30 degrees Celsius....

The second and third week went by while I was unpacking all the stuff in my house, and I'm not kidding, it's a lo-o-t of stuff, so first I had to clear out my very limited storage spaces which meant that I was forced to decide what to keep and what to get rid of. This was the hardest of all since I'm a bit of a hoarder deep down inside, just a tiny bit but still.

The fourth week I had to take care of all the household chores that had been neglected during the first three weeks and my only comment to that is....Sigh!

If you think these activities seem to have taken a lot of time, it's because my pain and immobility never takes vacation, and a lot of rest breaks are required per activity.

Okay, but now it's the last week of my vacation and you would think that I deserve some lazy days at last, but noooo....before all this I'd planned to clear out and improve my flower beds for next summer, and since I have already started the work, I have to finish it as well...but only if the weather allows it, right now a thunder storm just passed by and the sky is open. The forecast says it's going to rain a day or two, so there's maybe a bit of time to rest.

But if the weather improves, It will only take me a couple of days to finish the garden work so there will hopefully be a chance to a few days of laziness in the summer sun too before I start working again.

I wish...

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top