Daydreaming

I guess many of us who are struggling with chronic pain have developed their own strategies to deal with the pain when it getting at its worst, and so have I.

Sometimes when the pains are almost unbearable, I use to lay in my bed trying to fantasize about things I would have done if I had been ”normal” i.e. completely healthy, just to forget the pains a little.

Yesterday I had to go back to my fantasy land for awhile and I suddenly found myself in an enclosure with a bunch of mini-goats. I had apparently started breeding these adorable creatures. It made perfect sense since I’ve always loved mini-goats and have the perfect setting for them on my property which is very hilly with stumps and large stones to climb. 


I sat in the grass thinking about ways to develop the business and watched the goofy goats jump, climb and bounce around, and I felt so happy and content with life... until a excruciating pain in my left leg abruptly woke me from my daydream.

That’s the backside of the attempt to self-medicate with daydreaming, it always ends with a harsh and unforgiving wake-up call from my real life. Hello! Forget the goats, Mr Pain is here to entertain you!

Well, when it works, it works, at least for a while and I gratefully accept every little break from the pain I can get. I’m a bit curious if there’s someone else out there who use this fantasy-daydreaming method to ease the pain?

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top