Quarantine

I’ve been thinking about this quarantine situation and the social distancing policy that so many people are experiencing right now. After like a week a lot of them are beginning to complain and after two weeks they are acting like cranky kids. "There's nothing to do...I'm so bored...It feels like a prison....I hate this!"


Well, it’s understandable in a way but also seems rather ridiculous to those who are condemned to an everyday life which is a lot like the same situation, and not just for a certain period of time, but for the rest of their lives. This kind of quarantine is at least temporary.

I think it’s healthy for healthy people to experience a kind of situation that many disabled and chronically ill people more or less always have to deal with, although I don’t think these people who is in temporary quarantine are considering it sadly enough, unless they are specifically reminded of it.

I believe people should be reminded of the involuntary social distancing some of us are forced to live with, and also be aware of the many obstacles there is to overcome in the outside world for those who still have the ability to get out there. But there’s also those who never or very seldom get outside, people with diagnoses like ME/CFS, social phobia etc.


At the same time celebrities whines on social media about their boredom and feeling of confinement in their in luxury houses at 190 square meter and 18 ha land plots....Oh please...hand me a handkerchief...

So my view on the current situation is that people with no medical problems (or privileged rich people) shouldn’t complain so loudly. You'll be out of your prison soon enough…..but some will not….

XOXO 😷


ps) Sorry for my bad sentence structure and my bad english in general, but you should be used to it by now...lol...as always I just write everything down as it comes out of my head...usually in some kind of Swenglish...

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top