Worldwide virus

This is just a short and shallow post with some of my thoughts of the Corona virus and how we are coping with it.

The Covid-19 virus has surprised and paralyzed the world with its rapid spread. Whole countries has put itself in quarantine and people stock up with soap, masks, hand disinfectant, toilet paper and canned food as if there's no tomorrow or as if doomsday is near, which is both egoistic and also stupid in a short term perspective. So in some places there's hysteria and panic but in most places people remain calm, listens to the updates of information and follow the instructions from authorities and experts.


I belong to one of the risk groups most likely to get life threateningly sick if I get infected, so I should be among the panicking group but I'm not. I follow the instructions and hope for the best, no reason to worry and expose myself to unhealthy stress. I'm of the belief that each person's time is measured out in advance, and I will go when my time is out.

I also think this situation is a wake up call and a lesson to humanity. That unity and solidarity help us cope with disasters, but that selfishness and divisiveness make the world a dangerous place.

So keep calm and take care out there, be responsible and do what you can to prevent disease transmission and listen to the expertise rather than to politicians who might have a whole other agenda.

XOXO 😷
(no lips due to the circumstances)

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top