Shut Down

You might know those occasions when everything becomes too much, when it feels like all the problems of the world are weighing your shoulders and you can't separate them from each other. Everything becomes just a single giant chunk of anxiety and the sense of flight sets in. Then add chronic pain and lack of sleep to it, it's no wonder you turn into a zombie. You flee into yourself, the brain can no longer function and slowly shuts down.


This can be expressed to varying degrees. Often, one can function routinely and coping with everyday life or work, but one is not really "there" but is more like a robot without emotional expressions.

It's a condition that is difficult to get out of if you do not actively try to detach from it, but that's easier said than done.

In the worst case, if you can't get out of the apathy, a depression can take place. I have experienced this myself once, it's a few years ago now but I can still feel the panic of getting there again as soon as I get a bit of the "zombie feeling".

That's why I started exploring yoga and meditation, and before I got too stiff in my joints I tried out and then started with light yoga, a little "Surya Namaskar" or "the clock" as I call it, where I picked out the positions my body allowed me to do for the moment. Really recommend this, but nowadays I find it difficult to manage more than one, eleven and twelve, so now it's meditation that does the trick instead.
I try to relax and meditate for a while every morning of the work weeks before I start with the morning routines. There is nothing advanced about it like scented candles, background music or anything else, just a quiet and calm inward moment with full concentration on breathing and posture to let the body relax and the thoughts take a break.

It actually helps, I feel happier, more cheerful and the work day doesn't feel as heavy even though I've slept poorly due to pain or anxiety thoughts. It's as if I've drained the body and brain of all the bad vibes.

This is something that has helped me when the brain wants to disconnect, and maybe it can be a tip as good as any to someone out there who is struggling with the same thing….

XOXO  💋

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top