Time to say Goodbye


A new year is coming and it makes some of us reflect a bit extra about the past year. What happened with my life and why? What can I do to make next year a better one?

Well, my past year has been a bit like a roller-coaster, both when it comes to health and at work. It started with increased neuropathic problems and a lack of work related inspiration and engagement. This continued through the year with shorter breaks of good health news and a better work situation. Sadly, these happy breaks would turn into backlashes after a while and these up- and downs has proven to be very tiring both physically and mentally.

I always tell myself at the end of the year to take it easy and cut back on the pace, mostly at work but at my leisure time as well. I'm, for example, painfully aware of that I try to get too many things done when I'm home over the weekends instead of spreading it out over time and use at least half of the weekend to rest and recuperate before the oncoming work week.

I’m also aware of the amount of engagement I put into my work. It’s not because I love it THAT much, it’s mostly because it’s needed due to shortage of staff.
I have been involved in running this part of the business for 16 years now, so I have invested a lot in it, maybe too much up to the point that it has probably made my diagnoses deteriorate, or even worse, triggered new ones. But despite it all, I would very much like to continue to contribute to its success. That requires that I put my wellbeing in focus, so I have to figure out how to do that without compromising too much.

That's going to be the prime challenge for 2020.

Otherwise, I look forward with confidence of a new year of unexpectedly positive events in all respects.

Because I have to...

..to get the strength to fight...

..as I always do…like I'm Superwoman or something..lol..


Anyways....
If I don't succeed in getting yet another post done before this decade ends, I wish you an exciting, positive and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top