A spoonful of strength

I wish I had some kind of magical potion that would get my spirits up and awaken the creative side of me. I just find it very difficult to form all my thoughts and opinions into a readable post at the moment. To write this short entry, just to try to explain my absence, has been a struggle, I tell you...I would also like to ask you to excuse my english grammar which might be much worse than usual...lol...

When you’re in constant pain for a long period of time and also don’t get enough sleep, both your physical and mental strength is slowly reduced until you enter a state of total fatigue and mental blockage, commonly called brain fog.

If you google brain fatigue you'll find facts like these: 

Brain fatigue is characterized by fatigue and lethargy that are more severe than usual fatigue. Triggering factors can be mental as well as physical exertion. But factors such as heat, noisy environments, strong light, sleep disturbances and smoking can also affect.

Brain fatigue can come very quickly and then it is not possible to continue with ongoing activity. It mainly affects the ability to concentrate, think clearly and express oneself. Fatigue can also affect the motorics temporarily, both balance, coordination and strength of the muscles become worse when you are tired. Other common symptoms of brain fatigue are irritability, tenderness, sound and light sensitivity, and headaches.

Often, a longer recovery is needed to regain the mental energy than for usual fatigue. Therefore, it is good to reduce the risk of brain fatigue through a balance between activity and rest. Most importantly, listen to the body and save on its energy. Good sleep habits, shorter rest breaks and regular physical exercise are good ways to prevent brain fatigue
”.
neuro.se 

Well, that’s basically me right now. I have hardly any strength left, and my brain is really blurry. It has taken me more than a week to finish this post, but hopefully this state is nothing that a three week holiday not can cure. Obviously I have no special Christmas or New Year’s plans,there’s just rest and recovery on my agenda. 

But first I just have to try to focus for another week to tie this work year together.

I just need one more spoonful of strength…

Wish me luck…

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top