Oh no, she’s upset again

I’m known to be cheerful and easy going. A person who doesn't complain or talk too much in public about the downsides of dealing with chronic illness and never shows any envy towards those who has the privilege to live their life without persistent health problems or chronic pain. 

But sometimes healthy and abled people really piss me off….

For example: 
People who are perfectly healthy themselves but happen to know someone with the "exact" diagnose you have and therefore is an expert on the symptoms and how to deal with them….

People who don’t understand your sometimes erratic behaviour and clearly don’t care to listen either since you’ve told them about it repeatedly, just to prevent any misunderstandings....

People who are understanding and empathetic to your face, but talk behind your back about how excessive and fake you are…

Those people have no idea how hard it is to even talk about all the different hardships that come with chronic illness, not to mention experiencing them every second of every day, and chronics are fully aware of the often dubiant approach to illnesses that can't be seen on the outside. This is a couple of reasons why I rarely mention it.

No one likes talking too much about themselves anyway (unless you are a narcissist of course), and especially if it concerns matters that limits you in any way, affects your personality or behaviour or just are painfully embarrassing. 

That's why I put my fake smile on every morning and give myself a “let’s-do-this”-kick in the butt before I head off to work. And that's the reason why I joke, laugh and chatter incessantly.... 
To cope with it all...and it's also a way to supress the pain by producing endorphins. Win-win

So if you really don't give a fcuk about how I feel, or if your concern about my health issues aren't seriously meant, if you think I'm faking it, or you're a chronic illness-expert by hearsay.... 

…just STFU...

...please.....

xoxo 😉

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top