Sacrifices


Anyone who has been forced to refrain from something they love because of their illness can relate to the feelings of both anger, sorrow and injustice.
Whether it’s an activity, a hobby or an object, it's a hard blow on top of everything else that your illness is taking from you.

I've chosen this subject because it's a fact for me right now and I feel like I need to vent a bit.

I have decided to sell my paradise on earth, my summer cottage. Both me and my hubby have realized that neither of us is in physical shape to maintain it with the work it requires. We’ve hardly been able to spend any time there in the last couple of years due to our health. It's an old but charming building with a lot of character and with a large plot, and it really deserves to be taken care of and to be used by people that appreciate it as much as we have done for over a decade now.

I want the place to live on as it has done for over a hundred years.
I want the old timbered walls continue to hear music and laughter, whispers and cries and feel the warmth from the wood stove and the smell of freshly baked bread. 

My heart wants to keep the place, but my mind is telling me that selling is the right, and sadly the only thing to do.

But it still hurts... thinking about all the memories and all the plans we had for the future...

Sometimes I really, really hate my illnesses…..

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top