Mirror, Mirror on the wall....

Hi there!
It's been a week and a half since I cut off my long hair and .... I really enjoy it! The anxiety and fear of losing a part of my personality since I have had long hair all my life, is gone and instead the feeling right now is just freedom and simplicity.

It made me think about this thing with appearance fixation, although it was a long time since I cared much about how I look, there's other problems in my life that feel more important. But seriously, my feeling is that the appearance fixation has escalated a lot as social media partly evolved into a showcase for perfectionism, even when it comes to lifestyle in general.

Perfect bodies, perfect hair, a perfect home, the latest fashion etc. Always trendy perfection and all the photos in beautifully soft backlight and not a single fat-roll, flabby stomach, blackhead or slightest dust in sight. No wonder girls / women feel like failures when they never get the feeling that they are good enough as they are.

Well, that was just a little thought I wanted to throw out there. Everything may be perfect on an arranged and retouched photo but rarely or never in reality.

For this reason, I hereby offer you a very non-perfect photo from reality...of my new short haired self.... lol ..

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top