Turbulent times

It has been a turbulent time politically in Sweden. It took about 4 months after the elections until we had a government in place, a rather unconventional constellation of parties btw, and nobody's happy about it....

It has been a turbulent time in my everyday life as well. After the fire, my house has been invaded by craftsmen and insurance people. We're currently living on a construction site with sawdust just about everywhere. Luckily I get to escape to my tiny overnight-apartment during the workweek, but the weekends consists of dusting, cleaning and washing up, and I'm not happy about it.....

Work is also turbulent, A substantial reorganization within the authority has been initiated which affects the department where I work, and this has been a bit stressful. But stress is more or less a constant factor due to the fact that we've been unsufficially staffed for a very long time, and this reorganization doesn't give us any hope for reinforcements, quite the contrary, and me and my team colleagues aren't happy about it.....

So is there anything that's not turbulent one might wonder? And is there anything to be happy about?

Well, it's not much, in fact it's rather ridiculous in the context, but I've finally decided to cut my hair short. It's not by choice, it's rather because I have no choice. My hair is too long to handle with my rheumatic fingers, aching hands and arms. It has been a traumatic decision since I've had long hair all my life (and I'm sure I'm gonna look a lot like mr Potato Head), but now when I've made up my mind, it's just such a relief and, yes, I'm quite happy about it....

So, despite all my problems....with a new haircut, new living room, hallway and TV-room, hopefully a more efficient workplace and a working government in place, the near future feels at least a little bit brighter.

That's all for now.....Take care!

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top