Lockdown

Sometimes I get into a state of mind that I call "physical apathy". It's not about increased pain, poor mobility or something that can be directly linked to any physical problem, it's more in my head. A kind of mental fatigue where only the thought of activity causes total stagnation. 

I shut down, and even though I'm screaming inside: "Come on..Take a walk and get some fresh air for god's sake", I'm stuck in my couch feeling totally exhausted, everything gets empty and black and all thoughts are about negative and difficult things.

These episodes are dangerous, the risk of negative thinking that leads to depression is obvious and I have unfortunately landed there a couple of times but with a lot of effort managed to get out of it

So I've thought a lot about whether there's any kind of strategy one can use to avoid getting into this physical lockdown situation. It has to be planned in advance and be able to be picked up quickly before the condition occurs since you become basically paralyzed once you get there.

I have not yet come up with a good method, but if one try to start with some simple hobbies that engage, preferably in collaboration with others, or create fixed routines for small walks or other activities that can distract both mind and body from ending up in this difficult situation, maybe you can avoid getting there at all.

It's actually really hard to fix this, so if you have some tips, please share.

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top