Here’s to a crappy week!

A flu, or a common cold for that part, often affects someone with chronic illness more, especially those who suffer from chronic pain, for example someone with a rheumatic diagnose, since the flu, among other symptoms, causes increased muscle and joint pain. 

This I experience every time my nose starts to drip, and unfortunately it is often, because my immune system is constantly reduced not only by the different diseases themselves, but also of some of the medications.

All the flu symptoms are increased in my case tbh, and everything becomes a struggle against pain and fatigue. I don't develop a high fever very often but I wish I would because then I might be able to sleep through at least a bit of the period of sickness.

Sleep btw.....it's impossible to sleep when you have a serious cough that originates from the deep of your lungs and is activated at the exact moment your head hits the pillow... I don’t know how many nights I’ve spent seated in my recliner. I manage to doze off a couple of minutes now and then and wake up with a tender, stiff and aching body in the morning, tired as #¤”%#”¤…

Due to the lack of fever, I've been working this week anyways despite feeling like crap, but I don’t know if I’ve been to any productive use. I have a high work ethic, especially since I'm supervisor and group manager, but it’s really not a good idea to work during a flu, you put both your own and your co-workers health in jeopardy.

I plan to spend the weekend just trying to recover and then make a decision about going to work on Monday based on the result.

That's all for now, take care...and watch out for the flu bugs....

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top