The Ostrich-syndrome


It’s a stressful period at work right now. I'm juggling two major projects in parallel. One's in the final stage and one in a preparatory stage. My ability to concentrate and quickly re-focus is essential at this moment. But it's not going flawless because, as you all know who are dealing with chronic illness, pain and flares, there's that thing called brain fog....

Because of this, I need to double-check myself and my done assignments, which causes constant delays with adjustments and corrections, which causes me to work overtime, which tires me and causes a prolonged brain fog-situation, which causes..........

It’s not fun to be stuck in that evil circle…and it’s sooo exhausting…

It’s a good thing I really like my job, but how much should one sacrifice for it? That’s a question I’ve been asking myself quite often lately, and that fact alone seems like a sign of a subconscious awareness of the impact my job has on my health, wellbeing and free time.

But like a stubborn ostrich I stick my head in the sand and continues with my tiring routines... And why? Because I always want to bring a project I've been managing and led, to the finish line, and also because I couldn't stand it if I were to become just a bystander during this new, exciting and interesting project. 


I’m not stupid, I realize that I need to slow down a bit, and I will.

Eventually….

One day....

Sometime soon....


XOXO  đŸ’‹



ps) About the ostrich thing...it's a myth, I know, but a good metaphor though....

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top