#TBH

This will just be a brief post, but I need to write this down while it’s fresh in my mind, because, as I’ve mentioned before, my short term memory is slightly affected by my condition and my meds.
I will probably get a lot of criticism for what I’m about to write, but I just want to be honest about my thoughts and views on things.

I often stumble over websites and bloggers who want to teach you how to grow your blog and get more readers and followers with suggestions on everything from how your website should look and what to write about and how to write it. All is well meant, of course, and I can appreciate the thought, it could be a great help for beginners and come on, we all want to get as many readers as possible, right? But at the same time, it feels a bit too controlled, as if everyone should follow the same kind of manual. Sometimes I feel like it's more important to be popular than personal.

My own reason to blog is to share my views and experiences of living with chronic illness, and to do that in my own special way which is based on my personality and way of writing. It might not attract a large amount of readers, but if I would be forced to change my ways just in order to attract a bigger audience, the whole purpose and, most importantly, the joy of writing would be gone.

So I continue to write about meaningless stuff, i.e. my boring life, and to stir it up a bit by occasionally throw in a great tip, usable life hack or yummy recipe. And as I don’t get much response from my readers, I really don’t know what you think…..

xoxo


Btw, I believe there are no bad blog posts, just more or less good ...

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top