The Creative Seed

Despite my rather tough and energy-consuming life with illness and weekly commuting to be able to work, I refuse to let go of my future dreams. One day I will have established a crafts studio in my basement where I can work on my idea-project on my spare time. I've already planned everything in detail in my head, so now it's only time and energy that's lacking, and of course improvement of my dexterity.

I believe it's really important to have something to strive to when you're living with chronic illness. Something to look forward to and something that encourages you to live your life in a way that shortens the waiting, like managing your food habits and excercise properly. Something joyful that helps you to keep a positive mindset that makes those dark times of pain and hopelessness shorter and lighter.

I've been doing crafts my whole life up to the point in time when I got ill, so it has been both sorrow and frustration to realize that my body, especially my hands and fingers, no longer cooperates, and that my energy only is sufficient for the necessities in my everyday life. There has been neither time, energy or physcal ability to those things I love to do, but lately a little creative seed has been rooted deep down inside and the life spirits have been whispering in my ear: You can do this. With willpower and patience you can make it all happen....

So...I'll just wait and see, I'm in no hurry. It may take some time but it's going to happen!

The spirits said so, you know....

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top