Just a Common Cold

When you have several chronic diagnoses, a common cold or the flu can make it quite a lot to handle. One of my latest diagnoses, RA (rheumatoid arthritis) requires medication both in tablet form and via injections, but as these affect the immune system negatively, you are more susceptible to infections, and once you have been infected, you can't take your prescribed medication. This, in turn, causes the disease to run wild with everything that involves pain, immobility, fatigue etc. while you, at the same time, battling with a cold. And in the meantime, of course, the other diagnoses are more or less affected in a negative way too.

I came down with a cold a week ago, had three days of fever but then I decided that I was well enough to work. A really dumb decision in retrospect, but I had several important meetings that week that I really really wanted to attend yadda-yadda-yadda. Now, a week later, I still suffer from the same cold, no fever but a nasty cough, a runny nose and excruciating aches all over my body. My blood glucose curve fluctuates like crazy and I feel a fatigue like never before but I don't get much sleep because of the pains. It's the vicious circle of chronic hell.

So what's the sensmoral of my hardships then? Did I learn something?

Well, nothing I didn't already knew; that you should always put your health first no matter what, and that I'm too damned stubborn for my own good.

Yeez, I'm such a slow learner....

But I just have to make a change, I'm not getting any younger and it takes more time and effort to recover each time, so it's just plain stupid to continue with this kind of gambling with my health.

So from now on I'll always put my health first, pinky promise!

I hope you all will do the same...

xoxo 💗

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top