Because you're worth it...

“Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do”
-Unknown-

You can be chronically ill and still be able to do certain things, things that people might think is simple but takes a lot of strength and effort because you're ill. Most diagnoses affect people differently, so just because you have the same illness you can’t say you know how it feels. A few of us spoonies are still able to work to some extent and that seem to be a bit of a shock to some people.

But it doesn’t matter if you’re able to work or you just manage to take a short stroll once a day. It’s not what you do; it’s what you accomplish despite of your health problems.

I have realized that it’s so important to give yourself a pat on the shoulder when you have done something you didn’t think you could do, just to boost your confidence to dare to extend your comfort zone step by step. It's easy to build those walls of comfort around you to avoid difficulties that makes you sad and frustrated, but it's harder to take that first step towards increased freedom and independence.

If I take myself as an example, I had to give up my crafts and that made me really sad. But now I've been training a bit, step by step, and I can actually manage some of my crafts if I don’t overdo it. So I'm determined to pick up my hobby again. Everything goes much slower now because of pain and immobility in my hands and fingers, but who's in a hurry .... lol ....
I might not exactly create any red carpet-creations, but maybe I can at least make some fun T-shirts or PJs and that will be good enough for me.

Just remember, every little thing accomplished, however small it seems, counts.

Saying bye for now with an appropriate illustration....

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top