Balanced Intentions


When I started this blog I had the intention to only focus on positive things and make it a place for inspiration and possibilities. The intention is still there, but I’ve realized that hiding the negative or not talking about it doesn’t make the hardships go away or make life better in any way. To verify the negative aspects of living with chronic illness actually makes it easier to focus on the positive things.

And there’s another angle to this. Since it’s like a built in mechanism with chronically ill people to hide their pain and how they really feel, even if it’s more or less working in their disadvantage when it comes to how people around see them, there must be some kind of vent for that hidden and held back pain.

You need to talk about it to someone and it's so much easier to do that with someone in a similar situation, and what's more suitable than another spoonie?

I do the hiding routine myself, but I don’t want to do it here so there will be some less cheerful post coming on once in a while, maybe with some amount of whining and self-pity as well...lol... But since I’m basically a positive person, the happy thoughts will certainly be more frequent than the sad.


Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top