The Lonely Ones

I posted this on my swedish blog earlier today:

Just some thoughts on those who are spending their Christmas all alone for various reasons, and who probably will still be alone during the New Year celebrations ...

Those whose only companion is the TV set, and where close to all the programs and movies during the weekends is about celebrating the festivities together with family and loved ones and really emphasizes the feelings of loneliness into their hearts ....

It doesn't have to be a forgotten grandmother at the senior home, it could as well be a younger chronically ill person, without relatives nearby, and who can't leave the home, but there are of course many other causes of involuntary loneliness.

My thoughts makes no difference to them, and maybe I'm egoistic but it makes me feel blessed in my own sadness, that at least I'm not entirely alone in my misery, but have a small, but yet, a safety net that always is there and catches me when everything feels hopeless.

I can only wish that anyone who needs it can get someone who cares and will be there for them when the loneliness gets too intrusive....


Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top