Some old chicks never learn

It has been the same thing the last couple of years now.....First that Christmas feeling sets in and you're looking forward to, well, almost all the preparations, cooking, baking, decorations, but not som much the big house-cleaning which I always do as a yearly tradition just like the spring cleaning. Even though I can't manage to do as much as I used to before all my diagnoses, I try to do the most important stuff just to keep that clean, cozy Christmas feeling going.

And then, when it's finally Christmas Eve, I'm too exhausted and in too much pain to enjoy it all, and I promise myself not to make the same mistake next year....Ha! Some stupid, stubborn chicks never learn...

I usually start most of the preparations a couple of weeks before Christmas tbh, so it doesn't always get this bad, but this year I've been away working in the weeks so I've only had the weekends to do stuff at home. But at the same time I also have to make time for some rest and recouperation for the oncoming workweek, so it has been a lot left to do at the last minute because of that.

Well, besides the side effects of overdoing things, I've had a rather cozy Christmas anyway. I've, according to tradition, eaten too much and had too much of the traditional swedish "julmust" which is a kind of Christmas soft drink, and even though I've been drinking the light version it's a bit too sweet for a diabetic. But it's just Christmas once a year so.....Now I just have to increase the length and pace on my treadmill and double the walks and I'll be back to my old familiar overweight in no time...lol.....but when I think of it, I might get well enough exercise cleaning up now when it's over....sigh...

Hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas!


Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top