5 simple tips to remember...to remember

If you have the same problem as me with bad short term memory and occasional brain fog, maybe you have some use of these easy tips and suggestions.I found a couple of them on HealthCentral and also came up with a couple myself.
  • A symptom diary can help your healthcare team customize your treatment plan. Use a notebook or pretty journal to keep a record of how you are feeling. Things you may wish to track: Your pain (severity — pain scale 1 to 10 and pain descriptor), morning stiffness, medication, supplements, exercise, food, quality of sleep, energy, stress. Jot down your impressions. Include questions you might have. What do you think worked for you and what didn’t.
  • Use a separate calendar to keep track of your appointments and other important health related dates.
  • Transfer your medications and supplements into a dosette, or pill keeper, to ensure you stay on your regular dosing schedule. You can use separate ones for each time of day if you like.
  • Write down a basic training schedule, a few exercises you can do a couple of times every day. I find it easier to stick to my training habits (and remember doing them) if I have them on paper, and then I can also make notes about time, walking distances, speed etc. (I use a treadmill for walking).
  • Last but not least to rest both your body and brain: Spread out your must-do chores over the week so you'll have plenty of resting time between them, and book a whole evening once a week for self-care and for really pampering yourself.

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top