It all began with a swollen finger…

One day I noticed that my right-hand ring finger had swelled up. It didn’t hurt but it was difficult to grab certain items, so it was just a bit annoying. I thought I had sprained it without noticing it but the swelling never went down, it just got worse so I decided to let a doctor take a look at it. He sent me directly to sampling where it was found that I had RA. The reason why I didn’t reflect on my deterioration was probably because I thought that my increasing pains and problems were caused by my other pain-related diagnoses.

Since then I’ve been trying out different medications, both pills and injections. It took almost a year before I got something that seemed to slow down the rapid development of the disease. At the moment I'm taking Methotrexate and Humira and with my other injections and medications it's a lot to remember taking on a daily basis and that has become a real stress factor, especially since I've recently noticed that my memory has been slightly affected, either by any of my diseases or all the medications.(I refuse to think it's because of my age...lol..)

Since I’m fairly new to RA, I don’t really know how many different medications there’s out there and what the side-effects are etc.. Would appreciate some comments on that....

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top