From Sad Sally to Superwoman

Last week I got stuck in my healthy memories of myself, aka the time when I could do all I wanted and basically had no restrictions. That time when I took everything for granted and never had one thought that there were those who were prevented from doing the simplest things until the day I found myself in the same position…

I was counting all the simple everyday things that I can’t no longer handle or have problems with. I also noted the activities and hobbies that I can’t perform without problems or painful after-effects, in other words, all the fun and stimulating things I used to do. It became a shit long list I'll tell you ….no wonder one gets depressed.

But I try to think positively as usual. How F-ing strong aren’t all of us who daily take on the fight against the stupid little things that now have become such challenges? And then we still show off a happy face to the world, also to those folks who understand nothing, those who think we are just whining drama queens because we don’t LOOK sick and we are SMILING for God sake…

Some of us may still manage to work and participate in social life at some extent and are therefore not seen as “genuinely” ill, and those who can’t and who are unwillingly isolated in their homes or beds are often forgotten by the social network they once had and by the outside world.

Everyone living with chronic disease or disabilities regardless of the degree of impact it has on life, big or small, are actually supermen and superwomen with more strength and more persistence than the most well-trained marathon runner. We'll just take one week at the time, one day at the time.....for the rest of our lives.....with a smile....


Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top