When the cracks attacks

When I see advertising for anti-wrinkle creams, I begin to think of all the women who claim themselves to be positive about wrinkles. "I am proud of my wrinkles, they prove that I have lived a life with much joy and laughter." Not to mention all quotes that are posted on social media with happy comments such as "Confident women embrace their wrinkles" etc.

Well, ehmm ... okay ... it sounds great and fantastic, but is it really the feeling when the cute laughing lines begin to look like ditches in your face? I don't think so. Who wants one's face to look like a detailed map of South America's river system…?

Honestly girls, do we not want us to stay smooth and wrinkle-free for life? Retaining the rosy and fresh skin we had as teenagers, minus the acne of course. I know, I wouldn't mind. It is pretty much the same as when the first gray hairs start to show up, we don't smile and feel proud of it. No, we are rushing down to the mall buying hair coloring that "definitely hides gray hair" and turns us into sexy red tops or seductive brunettes, at least that is what we are telling ourselves.

I have no idea if these anti-wrinkle products work or not, especially if the facial wrinkles are pretty deep. But I guess you can use them as a filling material, a bit like coarse putty in masonry cracks....lol...

I would be happy to be wrinkle-free, but am not so desperate that I put a pile of money on a tiny can of French anti-wrinkle cream, containing mysterious ingredients with imaginary names. 

No, the only thing I put on my face is old honest Nivea, you know the one in the flat, round tin box that has been around for all time and which you can buy for a couple of bucks. And I don't primarily use it for the sake of the wrinkles (at least that's what I tell myself), but mostly for the softening feeling and the nostalgic scent..... 

But would there happen to be anyone who is experiencing proven good results from some not too expensive new product, just give me a call will ya'....😉

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts

Back to Top